Peripheral Neuropathy, or just simply Neuropathy is used for an illness that generally affects the nerves of the peripheral nervous system. By the peripheral nervous system, I mean the different cranial nerves or spinal nerves. The fringe nerves outside the main nervous system of the body. Before we dive into what the best Foot Massager for Neuropathy is, lets us take a closer look at how this illness affects people.
Effects of Neuropathy and the Best Foot Massager for Neuropathy
This damage or dysfunction of the peripheral nerves in the body ends in numbness. It also leads to muscle tenderness, as well as muscle pain in the infected areas. In the beginning, Neuropathy tends to only affect our hands and feet. Later these sensations tend to transfer to the other body parts as well. Peripheral Neuropathy might also impair your sensations and mobility of the limbs, along with damaging the tissues and organs of the body. It gradually starts affecting and eating up your body by damaging all the major functionalities of the body.
Well, do you know how widespread this disease is? It is estimated that almost 25% to 30% of Americans suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy. Different types of Neuropathy are divided into multiple categories based on the number and type of nerves they infect. Peripheral Neuropathy is divided into 3 different categories – mononeuropathy, mononeuritis multiplex, or polyneuropathy. Another ideology for the classification of Neuropathy is the type of process affecting the nerves, like Compression, Inflammation, or Chemo Therapy. There is another type of Neuropathy linked to diabetes, also known as Diabetic Neuropathy.
The Best Foot Massager for Neuropathy
I know it is quite difficult to choose a single-foot massager from a hundred pieces that are available in the market. Plus, every foot massager highlights its extravagant features making it the USP which makes the brand quite popular in the market. Therefore, we have picked some of the best foot massagers from the market which are the best suitable for curing your Neuropathy condition. Some of the key features that you might be looking for in these massagers are the pressure intensity levels, or various massage modes, the pricing, or the automatic feature of the massager and remote control. So, here is a list of the best foot massager for Neuropathy which I think might be of great help to you guys.
Pick the Best Foot Massager for Neuropathy
Counting down our top picks for the Best Foot Massager for Neuropathy detailing the product’s dimensions, price points, key features, and how to use the device. What’s the wait for? Go ahead and pick one(or more).
Medmassager Foot Massager
- Dimensions: 16 x 12 x 9.5 inches.
- Weight – 16lbs.
- Price – $299.00
Usage – provide relief from Plantar Fasciitis, neuropathy, diabetes, muscle tension, and poor blood circulation.
Here comes the best foot massager for Neuropathy, which helps to relieve yourself from the recurring pain and stress of this prevailing ailment of Neuropathy. Well, the MedMassager is the greatest gift that you can gift yourself.
- Let’s jump straight into the astounding feature this foot calf massager has, which is the 11 variant speeds at 1000-3700rpm.
- Select the speed level as per your capacity to tolerate the vibrations and place them on the oscillating foot-pad.
- Place the arch of your feet on the arch bar for a vibrating massage that calms the agitated acupressure points.
- Use the MedMassager for your back, limbs, calves, neck, etc., for a long-lasting relief
- Doctors and health practitioner claims that this is the best foot massager for Neuropathy
How to Use MedMassager?
Here are some techniques for using the Medmassager Foot Massager for Neuropathy:
- Make use of some therapeutic oils like Lavender oil before you start using this Medmassager foot massager.
- Firstly, start at a lower intensity range, and slowly as your feet get accustomed to it, you can raise the intensity levels accordingly.
- In case, you even own a MedMassager body massager, then try to place this body massager above your feet, while the foot massager remains underneath the sole of the feet. This technique provides immense relaxation and relief from any pain caused by Neuropathy.
- Apart from massaging your feet, you can also try walking. Improved blood circulation levels also help in decreasing the pains caused due to Neuropathy.
Cloud Massage – Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 11 x 17.7 inches
- Product Weight – 22 pounds.
- Price- $329.99
Have you always wanted a multi-functional foot massager machine that can be a means to cure neuropathy? This dreadful chronic illness extracts all the energy from your body, hence, making you feel exhausted the entire day. As the best foot massager for Neuropathy, the Clod Massage device will restore all the energy in your body alongside reducing the pain.
This device has 5 comfort modes that make this foot massager the best foot massager for Neuropathy. Cloud Massage provides a rolling massage, compression therapy, heat therapy, sway function, and a quiet mode(which is a calm and slow mode).
What makes Cloud Massage the best foot massager for Neuropathy? Well, apart from the functions offered, it also incorporates the following additional features:
- Apart from these basic modes, this cloud foot massager controls the extreme pains and allows the muscles to recover from inflammation
- The adjustable bar present on the front gives a better positioning to the massager. By adjusting the bar handle, you can sit comfortably on the couch, bed, chair, etc.
- This massager has 5 modes of operation and 3 levels of intensity which can be adjusted according to the user’s preference.
Renpho Foot Massager Machine With Heat
- Product Dimensions – 16.8 x 15.3 x 9.8 inches
- Product Weight – 10.49 Pounds
- Price – $105.99
Try and relax your feet with this high-end technology foot massager. This has to be the best foot massager for Neuropathy since it is quite inexpensive when compared to the features present in this particular foot massager. Alright, let’s first go through some important features.
- Starting with three different intensity levels and three various kneading massage modes, this foot massager provides you with a customizable massage experience at your convenience.
- This neuropathy machine for feet is well-equipped and is a complete package of rotation ball, rolling stick, heat therapy, as well as deep-tissue Shiatsu massage.
- The in-built heat therapy and deep-kneading Shiatsu type massage help in providing relief from extreme pain and stress to the feet and the entire body as well.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the device, the inner mesh lines are detachable and washable.
- This device cannot accommodate a size larger than 12
Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
- The Product Dimensions: 17.32 x 17.32 x 9.45 inches.
- Product Weight – 12.8 pounds.
- Product Price – $169.99
Try out this full-foot massager which allows you to slide your feet in the two warm chambers to obtain a full-fledged electric massage. It happens to be the best foot massager for Neuropathy, as it helps in healing the pains of the diseased feet.
- Deep kneading, Shiatsu rolling, and heat functions are the major operations provided by this electric foot massager
- Miko Shiatsu marks its name as the best foot massager for Neuropathy because of the top-notch technologies used in this device promotes the healing process.
- Miko Shiatsu is by far the best foot massager for neuropathy and other extreme foot conditions that provides multiple functions to regulate proper blood flow to every part of the feet.
- This comfortable foot massager can be placed anywhere to relax your feet.
- The washable inner lining can keep away certain kinds of bacteria that accumulates on the surface of this foot massager
- Another important feature of this massager is its remote control. The remote control is handy, and very easy to toggle in between the various switches and buttons to change the settings to personalize your massage experience.
This part marks the end of our Best Foot Massager for Neuropathy. We really hope that our target audience gets a suitable match with the products listed in this article. Further down this article, we incorporated the causes and symptoms of neuropathy along with the preventive measures.
Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy
Neuropathy majorly influences the sensory and motor nerves, severe problems are due to the functioning of the various systems managed by these nerves. You might lose your sensation to touch, hold objects, sensation towards pain and temperature might also be lost. When the motor nerves of the body are influenced, it tends to severely affect the mobility and muscle activity of the body. A few other common symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy are:
- The slow and steady onset of numbness, tingling, or prickling sensations in the feet and hands. Initially only these body parts seem to be affected. Later on, the numbness and tingling sensations tend to spread across your entire body.
- Sharp stabbing, and throbbing pains in the hands and feet.
- Complete muscle weakness and extreme pain and stress in the muscles even when you try to do even the simplest activities like putting a blanket over your feet.
- Extremely sensitive to touch.
- Lack of coordination with the nervous system and you will not be able to hold things or do certain activities since your limbs do not receive any stimulation by the central nervous system.
- Thinning of the skin can be seen.
- Feels like you are wearing socks or gloves even if you are not.
- Major issues with your digestive system. You tend to suffer from constipation, diarrhea, or difficulty digesting food.
- The most common symptoms due to Automated nervous system damage are excessive sweating, inability to tolerate heat, inability to expand or contract blood vessels resulting in a drop in blood pressure levels, and sometimes difficulty in eating and swallowing as well.
Causes of Peripheral Neuropathy
Generally, Neuropathy isn’t caused due to a single major disease or dysfunction. There are several health conditions and damages which elevate the aspects or chances of acquiring Peripheral Neuropathy. One of the major causes of Peripheral Neuropathy is your family history. This disease is known to be genetic and can be passed on from one generation to the other. The other major causes of Peripheral Neuropathy are:
This happens to be one of the leading causes of polyneuropathy in the U.S. About 60-70% of people with diabetes tend to suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy. This causes damage to the different types of nerves in the body leading to numbness, tingling, and extreme burning sensation in the limbs as well as other body parts.
Physical Injuries or Traumas
Various physical issues while playing sports, or falls, or road accidents can lead to Peripheral Neuropathy. Thinning of the nerves due to constant application of stress or narrowing of the spaces through which these nerves run are some other factors.
Sometimes, cancerous or non-cancerous tumors grow on the nerves. This results in the application of a lot of pressure on the nerves. In fact, due to the body’s immune responses, different cancers in the body also leads to Polyneuropathy. This condition is known as Paraneoplastic syndrome.
Autoimmune Disorders and Infections
Sjogren’s syndrome, chronic inflammatory polyneuropathy, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and Vasculitis are some auto-immune diseases that lead to Peripheral Neuropathy. Various viral and bacterial infections like Shingles, Hepatitis B and C, Lyme disease, HIV, leprosy, and diphtheria, are also the leading causes of Peripheral Neuropathy.
Exposure to Poisons and Medications
Medications used to treat cancer are one of the major causes of Peripheral Neuropathy. Other medications like those used to treat HIV or some strong antibiotics also inflict Neuropathy. Apart from this, consumption of toxic materials or industrial metals like mercury, or aluminum might morph into Neuropathy.
Last but not the least, other general causes of peripheral neuropathy are Alcoholism and Vitamin deficiencies.
It is a disease that occurs in patients suffering from diabetes. It is nothing but nerve damage that occurs in patients suffering from diabetes. A majority of diabetic patients are at risk of evolving into this diabetic neuropathy, hence you must understand the factors that lead to this and take proper prevention to avoid Diabetic Neuropathy. One of the leading causes of this Diabetic Neuropathy is an increase in the amount of blood sugar levels for longer periods. This leads to swelling, pain, and damage in the feet and legs of the individual. You can also feel numbness, cramps, tingling, or burning sensation in your feet.
Having listed all the major symptoms and causes of Neuropathy, we do need to find a way to treat this disease. According to research, it is proven that foot massages are bound to have some effective effects on healing Peripheral neuropathy. They can be used as a treatment method, or are highly useful in at least reducing the enormous pain caused in the feet due to Neuropathy.
A foot massager happens to be a necessity for those suffering from Peripheral Neuropathy. When a generous amount of pressure is applied on the various pressure points of the feet, it automatically stimulates the flow of blood. This results in increasing the amount of oxygen in the body, which helps in curing the injured cells and tissues in various body parts. This helps in re-energizing and rejuvenating the entire body’s functions. There is a surplus flow of energy throughout the body. Foot massagers also help in decreasing the blood pressure levels in the body, which have a positive impact on the sore and tired feet. An intense massage therapy session regulates the flow of toxic materials which are further removed from the body through the blood and the lymph.
Major Benefits of a Massage for Treating Peripheral Neuropathy
- Strengthens the muscles and reduced stiffness and knots in the muscle tissue. This helps in reducing the pain caused by Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Relieves pain and stress in the muscle tissues.
- Improves the functionality of the feet.
- Improves blood circulation and maximizes the flow of blood in the body.
Recent studies have also shown Reflexology to help in reducing or treating Peripheral Neuropathy. And this is not just done by relieving the sore and tired muscles but by targeting the correct internal organs and areas of pressure to re-energize the tired feet and body. Also, helps in improving blood circulation in the body.
Prevention of Peripheral or Diabetic Neuropathy
Foot massagers are one of the best methods of treating or preventing Peripheral Neuropathy. Apart from these foot massage therapies, there are quite a few other methods that can help in preventing this disease. The first thing is that you need to be a little aware of the risks involved in contacting Peripheral Neuropathy. Start taking proper care to avoid it. Initially take good care of your feet and hands. They are major body parts highly affected by Peripheral Neuropathy. Apart from this, some major prevention methods of Peripheral Neuropathy are:
Keep Your Blood Pressure Under Control
High blood pressure levels tend to damage the blood vessels, leading to a higher risk of developing Peripheral Neuropathy.
Eat a Healthy and Balanced Diet
Intake of a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals helps in decreasing the probability of acquiring Peripheral Neuropathy. Healthy food without fat and other junk also keep your blood vessels quite healthy. It prevents any blockage or hardening of the arteries due to cholesterol deposits.
Physical Exercise and Staying Active
It is highly suggested that moderate physical movement should permanently be a part of your routine after a certain age. Exercising daily will keep your pulse at normal levels. It also stimulates circulation through the arteries which prevents any blockage or narrowing of these blood vessels.
Stop Smoking and Control the Intake of Alcohol
Smoking is directly related to low oxygen levels in the body. Low oxygen levels mean your body organs and tissues do not receive enough supply. Especially to carry out the different repairs and timely functionalities. Apart from this, smoking creates free radicals in your body. This causes prominent damage to the blood cells and blood vessels of the body. The damaged blood vessels have chances of increasing blood sugar levels, causing inflammation. This increases the risk of Peripheral Neuropathy.
Keep Your Feet Clean and Moisturized
Wash your feet every day with warm water and keep them soft and clean. Dry them with a clean towel. Including any dead skin cells on the feet. You need to moisturize your feet properly daily. Avoid putting moisture in between your toes as it has quite a few chances of developing fungal infections. Do not use huge amounts of moisturizer on your feet as it has chances of contacting various fungal infections.
These were a few methods used to prevent yourself from developing this acquired disease of Peripheral Neuropathy. You need to take proper care of your feet and eat healthy to prevent yourself from acquiring this disease. Peripheral neuropathy mainly damages your peripheral nervous system causing various issues with mobility of your hands and feet. Hence, it is better to avoid the disease instead of actually coming in contact and then taking severe and harsh treatment to get rid of it.
Start making healthy lifestyle choices. You need to avoid smoking and alcohol as they can cause irreparable damage to the human body. Take utmost care of your feet by pampering them with moisturizers and massage your feet daily. This helps in preventing the body from developing Peripheral Neuropathy. Buy the best foot massager for neuropathy. They are widely available in the market. This helps in reducing the extreme pain in the feet caused by Peripheral Neuropathy. A foot massager promotes blood flow in your body, keeping your arteries and heart-healthy and incapable of coming in contact with any diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Sometimes, in a few situations, the symptoms and effects of Neuropathy may lessen to a great extent. However, it is a bit difficult to completely cure Peripheral Neuropathy in case it is caused due to a nerve injury because of some radiations, or Neuropathy encountered after chemotherapy. If you have encountered Peripheral; Neuropathy due to Chemotherapy, then it may take about 18 months to 5 years to cure the disease.
You need to avoid food items with more sugar levels, since, high blood sugar levels are bad for Neuropathy. Hence, some food items that you should avoid are ice-creams, candies, fruit juices, soft drinks, cakes, and pastries.
Exercise cannot reverse Neuropathy. However, it can help in preventing Neuropathy. You need to be physically active in case you have diabetes to avoid encountering Peripheral Neuropathy.