Plantar fasciitis happens to be one of the most common foot-related complaints to the orthopedic surgeon. This ailment results in intense stinging at the bottom of your sole. This is due to the fact that plantar fasciitis is a disease or disorder which affects the fibrous connective tissue (plantar fascia) located at the arch of your foot. It gives your feet enormous support while walking, running, or performing any other physical activity. This is due to plantar fasciitis gradually decreases over the course of the day if you are an active person. However, when you are constantly on your feet, this discomfort will automatically return and might be intense.
The Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis Condition
You can notice that this Plantar fasciitis ailment is quite common among athletes. They suffer from flat foot pain due to tremendous stress and strain applied to their feet due to strenuous physical activities. In fact, along with the athletes, people who are overweight and the ones who do not wear correct shoe sizes are also at risk of coming in contact with this ailment.
Some Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
In this article, we have listed out the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis foot conditions that are bound to relieve the feet from that excruciating pain faced every day. So go ahead, take a look and buy the best one.
Human Touch Reflex Sol Foot and Calf Massager Machine
- Product dimensions – 19 x 18 x 18 inches
- Product Weight – 25 Pounds
- Price – $291.66
This happens to be the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis. There’s nothing better than a Plantar Fasciitis foot machine that aims to heal this foot illness and can be used as a calf massager as well.
- The patented CirQulation technology used in this Plantar Fasciitis foot machine does not restrict the blood flow to only the feet, instead it circulates blood throughout the entire body. It follows a figure-8 patterns to give a rolling massage.
- The systematically placed advanced foot rollers give intense reflexology sessions that helps in the effective circulation of blood throughout the body. The deep-tissue massages provided by this foot heel massager help in providing instant relief and to the stress and pain in your feet. Thus making this device, the best foot massager for Plantar fasciitis.
- This plantar fasciitis massage machine incorporates Warm Air Technology which gives an intense heat therapy to the legs. Make use of the adjustable tilting base to get a perfect position for a quick massage. You only get two pressure intensities, i.e., low and high which can be adjusted
- To ensure that the device is safe to use later, you can unzip the linings to wash them. Either sun dry or tumble dry on a low setting.
Nekteck Foot Massager With Heat
- Product Dimensions – 40.5 x 36.5 x 12 cm
- Product Weight – 3.3 kg
- Price – $59.99
Nekteck gives off a fascinating design of the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis. This plantar fasciitis foot massager machine is very simple to use as it operates by just tapping the power button. This foot massager has the ability to energize your feet within a few uses.
- The 18 rotational massage nodes(6 massage heads) help in the circulation of blood throughout the body and also help subdues the pain caused by Plantar Fasciitis.
- The foot base on the front and the back of the device have a considerable distance which can help keep the device stable during a massage
- Use the built-in heating system along with the vibrating massage to relax the muscles after a tiring day. The heating system also enhances the metabolism in the body along with keeping the skin healthy and soft. This plantar fasciitis foot machine can be used by any person who has a large foot size.
- Another aspect that makes the product the best foot massager for Plantar fasciitis is the noise-less attribute. This device does not make any vibrating or heating noise while the device is switched on, so you can use it while you are working or while watching TV.
Theraflow Foot Massager Roller
- Product Dimensions – 11.2 x 2.5 x 7.5 inches
- Product Weight – 1.85 pounds
- Price – $14.95
Another renowned brand that categorizes itself as the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, and other foot conditions is Theraflow. Experience some unimaginable unique and relaxing foot massage with the Theraflow foot massager. This plantar fasciitis massage machine is a perfected device after receiving numerous customer feedbacks. A simple foot heel massager unlike those fancy electric ones yet does work in quite an effective way to treat various ailments and help them to relax and relieve extreme pain.
Melt away all the pains and stresses of the feet with the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis designed by Theraflow. All you have to do is roll the feet on the surface of the foot massager.
- It doesn’t matter if you are sitting or standing, you need to just glide your feet onto the roller, and you can simply experience the sense of relaxation and calmness.
- This massager is beneficial in the way that it improves the circulation of blood throughout the body. Hence, it soothes extreme agony caused by common conditions like Plantar Fasciitis or Neuropathy. It can also be coined as one of the best foot heel massager.
- The protrusions on the roller act on the target pressure points of the feet, which gives a very similar feeling as undergoing Acupuncture.
- These raised nubs or protrusions help in applying a generous amount of pressure on the target pressure points, which helps in relieving the stress and strain of the feet. It gradually promotes blood flow throughout the body.
- It is the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis not just because of its properties but also the high-quality of wood material called Theaceae. This wood is highly durable, and the fine polished finish makes it look even more invigorating.
Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine With Heat
- Product Dimensions – 18 x 17.7 x 15 inches
- Product Weight – 9 pounds
- Price – $139.99
Obtain a personalized massage experience with the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis that does an amazing job in providing a soothing and relaxing massage to those sore and tired feet.
- This plantar fasciitis massage machine has 5 pressure settings and 3 modes to help you customize the massage experience. The different pressure intensity levels give you the pleasure of different levels of massage, starting from the lowest intensities to going up to the highest intensities. If you wish for a deep, intense, and a little rough massage, you can set the pressure intensity settings at 5 (maximum range) and experience an amazing deep-kneading Shiatsu massage.
- This is the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis as it gives you 3 massage modes such as deep-kneading, shiatsu, and air compression therapy massage to take care of your feet and help them to relax.
- An additional feature that makes it the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis is the inclusion of an in-built heat therapy system. This soothing and warm heat function improves the skin texture and also keep the oxygen content stabilized. The improved blood flow levels in the body provide tremendous relief from the prevailing ailments like Plantar fasciitis, Neuropathy, Arthritis, and Diabetes.
- This plantar fasciitis foot massager machine is provided with an automatic shut-off system, which simply shuts the machine off after 15-20 minutes of non-usage. Hence, you need not even worry about the electricity being wasted.
- Good news for all those people suffering from OCD (Obsessive Cleanliness Disorder) – the Foot heel massager comes with removable and washable mesh inserts. Hence, you can simply remove, thoroughly wash and pat dry these foot inserts to provide a refreshing smell and feel.
- Additionally, this machine has a rubber bottom which prevents it from sliding away on slippery floors.
Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
- Product Dimensions – 17.32 x 17.32 x 9.45 inches
- Product Weight – 12.8 pounds
- Price – $169.99
Try out this full-foot massager which takes care of you by letting you slide your feet in the two warm chambers and experience a full-fledged soothing electric massage. It happens to be the best foot massager for Plantar Fasciitis, as it heals the aches that your feet have endured.
- This particular plantar fasciitis massager machine works on three main functions – Deep kneading, Shiatsu rolling, and heat functions. This Japanese style Miko Shiatsu electric foot massager can be operated using two different wireless remotes. You can regulate the 5 air pressure intensities once the feet are placed in the chambers.
- This comfortable foot massager is super-helpful in curing the inflammation in the feet along with giving a calming effect due to Plantar Fasciitis.
- These comfortable foot massagers relax the feet tremendously no matter where the machine is placed.
- To change the settings, just tap the buttons on the wireless remote to personalize your massage experience.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
- The major symptom of Plantar fasciitis ailment is a sharp and stabbing pain in the feet. This pain is usually felt near the bottom of the heel or at the bottom of the mid-foot area.
- The plantar fasciitis pain gradually increases over time. Slowly it develops into that sharp, burning, and stabbing sensation at the bottom near the heel, which makes it difficult to even walk.
- This pain is usually at its peak when you have just got out of your bed and taken a few steps. Or, you can also feel some extremely painful conditions due to heel stiffness while climbing stairs.
- After a long, standing, or exercising session you are bound to feel tired. Also, the extreme pain from Plantar fasciitis can rebound and flare up due to increased inflammation and irritation.
- One thing about people suffering from Plantar fasciitis is that, these people do not have any problems while walking around or jogging. It is also true that as soon as they take a little rest, or sit down, the pain walks back in again.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- The major cause of developing Plantar fasciitis is because you have been applying a lot of stress or strain on the inflamed plantar fascia connective tissue.
- This heel-related pain tends to affect some athletes or over trainers, who avoid stretching their calf muscles or an effective warm-up session before beginning to train.
- The tight calf muscles strain and stress out the plantar fascia connective tissue. This causes pulls and tears of the connective tissue, which acts as a shock absorber. And there begins your extreme plantar fasciitis heel pain.
- Plantar fasciitis is mostly seen in middle-aged and old-aged people between the ages of 40-70. You tend to notice this ailment is also more common among women than in men. Because women seem to be stressing their feet by wearing those high-heeled pointy shoes. So, when you are wearing high heels for the complete day, and suddenly get in your flat slippers at night, there are higher chances of being affected by Plantar fasciitis.
- Sometimes, being overweight is also one of the major causes of developing this Plantar fasciitis ailment. You tend to apply enormous pressure over the tender plantar fascia tissue and ligament, which causes wear and tear, and sometimes even breaks the connective tissue.
- A few structural foot problems like Flat feet or very high arches might also lead to the development of this Plantar fasciitis ailment.
Alright, these were some major causes of Plantar fasciitis and other diseases. However, if you care about your health and fitness, you might be at the least risk of developing this disease. However, once affected by Plantar fasciitis, it is best to adhere to the necessary precautions and various steps to minimize the effect of this disease.
Steps to Mitigate Plantar Fasciitis Ailment
It certainly takes a little time for the feet to get back to normal. About 6-12 months to restore the feet to normal. However, here are a few steps that if followed should ease any discomfort and minimize the effects of Plantar fasciitis.
It is highly important to keep the extra weight off the feet until the swelling and inflammation go away.
Ice therapy allows you to minimize the pain in the bottom of the foot and takes care to heal Plantar fasciitis a little faster. You can wrap the ice in a towel and massage your feet. Or, use a water tub with ice water and soak it into it. Remember, keep your toes off the water.
Stretching and Exercising
Since lack of limbering up and an enormous amount of exercising leads to this Plantar fasciitis, Let’s say, a good balance of these two can also help in reducing the effect of this illness. Stretch your tendons, and bottom of the feet efficiently. Exercises to strengthen your lower legs, your feet, and your soles will be a boon to the body. This might help in easing the pain from Plantar fasciitis and prevent it from coming back.
A few anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics can make you feel better and help in reducing foot inflammation as well.
These are also known as insoles. They let you have the perfect extra padding and softening to the arches and soles of your feet. You can buy them at any online shopping website or a retail store. You can have them custom-made. But be sure to choose a firmer and better quality insole.
These were a few methods and steps which can help mitigate or minimize the effect of plantar fasciitis ailment. However, it is more important, that we know how we can prevent this ailment, instead of just reducing it, right? Because as the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure.” Let’s find out some major steps and see how can we prevent this ailment.
Preventative Measures to Follow for Plantar Fasciitis
Running and Plantar Fasciitis – Does It Work?
Let’s first talk about runners and athletes who might be affected with Plantar fasciitis. Doctors and orthopedic surgeons highly recommend that you should continue running if you are suffering from mild pain in the feet. But again, you need to take extreme care and precaution to prevent from being sidelined forever. You need to take measures to see that your feet need just the right amount of physical activity, and you should not overtrain or over-stress them. In cases of mild Plantar fasciitis, you can initially feel the pain before you start the run. However, it slowly tends to fade away while you keep running for a longer distance. However, apart from running you also need to continue working on strengthening your lower legs and improving ankle mobility to cure Plantar fasciitis ailment.
Steps to Prevent Plantar Fasciitis
Get Enough Amount of Rest
Since plantar fasciitis is caused due to inflammation, it is better to stay off your feet and rest your feet to recharge them from all the strenuous stress and pain they might have encountered. You need to avoid excessive running or jumping as it may cause wear and tear of the plantar fascia tissue.
Running on Soft Surfaces
If you want to keep yourself active, then start sprinting on softer surfaces with padding. Keep your mileage at a minimum in case you start stressing your feet out. Wear comfortable and breathable shoes with soft soles and softening to avoid any risk of encountering Plantar fasciitis ailment.
Strengthen Muscles and Tissues
You need to strengthen your muscles, by performing lower leg and feet strengthening exercises. But before exercising, you need to completely stretch your legs and feet properly. This will prevent the risk of encountering Plantar fasciitis. This is because stretching rapidly increases the blood circulation throughout the body which helps the body to heal and re-energize.
Letting go of the excess body weight helps your feet to breathe. If you lose weight, then the amount of pressure applied to the feet and heels also decreases. Hence, you have lower chances of encountering Plantar fasciitis ailment.
Wear the Right Shoes
Avoid going out on hard surfaces with bare feet. You need to keep replacing your athletic shoes quite often. Wear shoes and slippers with flat soles. Try and avoid high-pointed heels.
These are a few preventive measures everyone should follow to avoid encountering this Plantar fasciitis ailment. Just avoid excessively straining the plantar fascia tissue, and you will be safe from this Plantar fasciitis ailment. Apart from these preventive measures, there are a few other steps and precautions for the athletes and runners. You guys can take these measures to reduce the effect of the pain and stress caused by this Plantar fasciitis ailment.
Steps to Be Taken as a Runner to Reduce the Pain Caused by Plantar Fasciitis
Perform Daily Stretching Exercises –
Stretch your calves, ankles, feet, and soles several times a day. You need to also take care of your ankle mobility to reduce the extreme pain caused by plantar fasciitis. A few orthopedic surgeons suggest that, if you can follow your stretching regime daily at regular intervals, then you can even start running. Initially, you need to start running at a minimum speed with easy intervals.
Stretches and Warm-up:
Do not forget to stretch your feet and ankles along with the rest of the body parts. You need to spend at least a minimum of 5 minutes warm-up before performing any physical activity.
Try to Add in a Few Cross-training Sessions –
In case, your plantar fasciitis is real bad, running is out of the question, you can switch to some other form of exercise that will get the heart pumping and help you to stay fit. Try doing low-impact cardio-muscular exercises at home. This will help muscles keep moving without actually doing any damage to the plantar fasciitis.
Get an Ice Massage Done After Running –
After you have performed your cooldown movements, it is time for some cool ice therapy. Apply ice on your plantar fascia which helps reduce the extra pain and also relieves the feet from stress and strain.
Alright, these were a few preventive measures that can be taken by athletes and runners to reduce the extreme pain caused by Plantar fasciitis ailment. You need to simply keep yourself active and avoid over-training to prevent Plantar fasciitis ailment.
A Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis?
What do you guys think? Can a foot massager help in reducing and curing the pain and stress caused by Plantar fasciitis? Or can a foot massager help in the treatment of this Plantar fasciitis ailment? Well to be precise massaging does have a lot of benefits as it helps us to relieve our body from extremely painful and stressful conditions. Similarly, a gentle foot massage can help the feet to reduce the pain and inflammation caused due to plantar fasciitis ailment. You can simply enjoy the benefits of a foot massage, while just relaxing and reclining back in your home.
Apart from just relieving pain, a massager also improves circulation throughout the body. This helps in re-energizing and rejuvenating the cells and tissues of the body along with maintaining health and hygiene. Apart from all these, a few studies have shown that consistent use of a foot massager can help the foot massager machine to solve your Plantar fasciitis problem and there will be no stabbing and throbbing pain in the feet after a consistent usage period.
To perform all these comfortable activities, we have got some of the most amazing comfortable foot massagers. All these foot massagers happen to reduce the pain and heal the effects of Plantar fasciitis ailment.
You do not always need to undergo surgery to treat your plantar fasciitis ailment. Simple home remedies and intense foot massages can do the work if you start early and take proper care of your feet and ankles.
Foot massagers can prove to be very useful tools to deal with extreme cases of plantar fasciitis ailment. Simply relax and recline while your feet are in the foot massager to gain maximum benefits. The correct foot massager helps to alleviate the pain caused due to this illness. Foot massagers are highly helpful in loosening the knots of the tight and sore muscles and releasing tension from these muscles. So, pick out the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis from the above list and order the one which suits you the best to obtain maximum benefit.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
You can stretch your feet while suffering from plantar fasciitis by using the ice therapy method. You need to grab an ice pack or an ice bottle and simply roll it over one of your feet for a minute. Similarly, repeat the same process with the other feet also. Apart from this method, another method is to grab your toe with one hand, and gently pull in towards yourself and then hold for about 20-30secs. You can repeat the same process with the other leg as well.
Stretching is not at all bad for plantar fasciitis. It is a very useful activity that tones the muscles, which in turn rejuvenates the entire body. It also helps in relieving the stress and strain of the body.
If you suffer a plantar fascia rupture, then you may feel or hear the “Pop” sound from your foot. A torn plantar fascia can generate huge amounts of stabbing and throbbing pain and also causing swelling in the arch and the heel of your feet. Overall, a torn plantar fascia is quite a painful ailment.