Acupressure seems to be the in-thing these days. Everybody seems to be obsessed with this word. Acupressure actually happens to be a technique of just piercing your body with spikes to press the pressure points to relax your body. To be quite precise, the Acupressure technique has been derived from Traditional Chinese Medicine. This technique helps to release all the blocked energy from every part of our body which is called “Chi”. When these blockages are reduced or removed from the body, it helps in the reduction of pain and stress from the entire body. And the best way to perform this Acupressure technique happens to be through these foot Acupressure Mats and best foot massager mat.
- 1 What are Acupressure Mats?
- 1.1 How to use an Acupressure Mat?
- 1.2 Benefits of an Acupressure Mat:
- 1.3 What is the Best Foot Massager Mat?
- 1.3.1 Daiwa Felicity Best Foot Massager Mat:
- 1.3.2 ProsourceFit Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set:
- 1.3.3 INTIFIT Therapeutic Foot Disc Acupressure Magnetic Foot Massage for Total Body Health:
- 1.3.4 Kanjo Acupressure Foot Acupressure Pain Relief Mat:
- 1.3.5 Acupressure Mat Foot Therapy – Large:
- 1.4 Conclusion:
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What are Acupressure Mats?
Acupressure mats happen to be the most widely used alternative tools to pressure Acupressure therapy at home. These Acupressure mats consist of evenly-spaced raised plastics placed next to each other on a cotton mat. The main aim of these plastics being placed is to provide relief to the entire body from any pain, stress, or tension. These raised plastic points tend to apply immense pressure on the specific body parts that help in revitalizing and re-energizing the body from any pain or stress.
Unlike the traditional Acupressure therapy, which happened through piercing the needles in the body, these acupressure mats are way easier to use and also less painful. These mats are provided with non-invasive raised plastic points that will simply apply immense pressure on the target points without actually piercing through them. These Acupressure mats can literally be used for any body part like the hands, legs, feet, neck, and back. Although there are very few scientific studies to prove the effectiveness of Acupressure mats, however many users have reported having maximum benefits by using these acupressure mats and have seen a significant reduction in their pain.
How to use an Acupressure Mat?
Acupressure mats require time to habituate yourself to them. Especially with the spikes and protrusions present everywhere on the mat, one might face difficulty settling down straight away on the mat for long periods of time. However, to accustom yourself to the mat, one must initially start to rest on the mat for 10-15 minutes so that they get accustomed to the mat and the pain. You need to keep breathing continuously and simply relax all your muscles while laying down on the mat.
A few points to keep in mind when you use the mat are:
- Opt for a convenient and easy surface to put on the mat. Most beginners go for either bed or sofa to spread their mats, while the experts lay down on mats placed on the floor.
- Instead of completely lying down, you can even try sitting directly on the mat with your lower back and hips in direct contact with the mat to stimulate the blood flow.
- Although one may say, acupressure benefits can only be seen when the acupressure mat is in direct contact with your bare skin. However, it is important as a beginner you put on a layer of light clothing to get used to the spikes and protrusions present on the mat. You need to make your body acclimate or accommodate to the sharp spikes present on the mat.
- Carefully lie down on the mat and balance your entire body weight across the mat. This position will help you in avoiding any injuries at a particular spot on the body.
- Recentre or reposition yourself slowly. You do not want to hurt yourself or pierce those sharp protrusions inside your body.
- Last but the least, to make sure you get used to the deep pressure points of the mat, you need to use this acupressure mat quite consistently.
Benefits of an Acupressure Mat:
Just like any other foot and body massager, these Acupressure mats also tend to promote blood circulation through the entire body. These Acupressure mats are quite affordable and hence can be used as a daily massage treatment at home to rejuvenate and revitalize your body muscles and cells. These mats often tend to perform the best functions of targeting the acupressure points to provide huge health benefits to people in pain and stress. The major health benefits of using an Acupressure Mat are:
- The first and foremost benefit of these Acupressure Mat is a reduction in the soreness and tiredness of the muscles along with improving muscle strength.
- Acupressure mats assists you to relax each and every body part and this results in the promotion and betterment of sleep every night. A good night’s sleep relieves the anxiety and stress that will, in turn, make your skin glow and you will look quite young (*winks*).
- An acupressure mat also helps in strengthening our feet and ankle along with helping in the speedy recovery from any injury.
- One of the best ways to meditate while simply lying down and relaxing your body on the acupressure mat.
- The pressure points when stimulated tend to release oxytocin and endorphins, the feel good hormones that make your mood better and light for the entire day.
What is the Best Foot Massager Mat?
Daiwa Felicity Best Foot Massager Mat:
Want something that heals your feet? Well, we have got you something that solely targets all the pressure places on your feet, helping them relax and promoting humongous blood circulation throughout the body. This is the Daiwa Felicity Foot Massager Mat that is a small round structure with numerous spikes on it. Some extraordinary features of one of the best Foot massager mat should possess are:
- The best foot massager mat has got around 250 massage nodes along with 4 pressure points on the little blue bubble and tries to give in an effective reflexology treatment with the best reflexology mat.
- Along with these pressure points, the foot massager mat also has got 10 embedded magnetic forces that help in promoting the flow of blood throughout the body.
- One of the best reflexology therapies at home at quite affordable prices. The foot massager helps in stimulating the various pressure points in order to improve the immune functioning of the body.
- Regular usage of this mat will yield some of the best results in the long run. You can simply massage your feet while sitting or standing. For example, watching TV, brushing their teeth, or even washing dishes.
Dimensions:16.61 x 13.3 x 1.89 inches
Weight: 1.34 pounds
ProsourceFit Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set:
Say goodbye to all muscle stress and tension while relaxing on this Acupressure mat daily for about 10-30 minutes. Acupressure is a technique that helps in the delivery of endorphins that helps you to block all the pain and boosts up your mood. One of the best Acupressure Mat and pillow sets happens to be this astonishing ProsourceFit Acupressure Mat and Pillow set that promotes blood flow throughout the body along with relaxing and relieving the muscles. Some major features of this best foot massager mat are:
- This Acupressure Mat set consists of about 27 different spikes or protrusions with about 6,500-7,000 acupressure points. Additionally, what’s unique is that this Acupressure mat and pillow set is made of 100% plant-based, eco-friendly material and thus is biodegradable.
- Prior to your sleep schedule, simply lie down in these spiked mats in order to promote better sleeping by simply relaxing all the face and body muscles.
- Perform this massage activity while simply standing, or sitting, or lying down at one’s own convenience. These activities themselves help in promoting blood flow, revitalizing your muscle strength, and physical fitness to perform any activity.
- One of the best Acupressure mats and Pillow Sets that prove to be a great gift for any person performing desk jobs all day long, and athletes.
Dimensions: 18 x 9 x 7 inches
Weight: 8.01 ounces
INTIFIT Therapeutic Foot Disc Acupressure Magnetic Foot Massage for Total Body Health:
Now you can simply massage your sore and tired feet literally anywhere from the kitchen to the bathroom using this impressive Intifit Therapeutic Foot Disc Acupressure Magnetic Foot Massage. An ultimate health accessory that helps in regulating the flow of blood through the different parts of the body. Some basic features of this Intifit best foot massager mat are:
- This best foot massager mat helps to invigorate or revitalize your feet and feet muscles in order to generate a minimum amount of blood flow through the feet and increase the reach of oxygen to the cells of the feet.
- Proves to be the ultimate living room or kitchen accessory that also helps in promoting movement while standing. Reduces the occurrence of muscle cramps due to the long-standing hours.
- A magnet has been embedded to restore the energy and align the body’s magnetic field.
- You can accurately massage your tender feet in either way, by wearing your socks or simply going barefoot.
Dimensions: 13.6 x 13.6 x 2 inches
Weight: 15.84 ounces
Kanjo Acupressure Foot Acupressure Pain Relief Mat:
Want immense relief from those dreadful, persisting pains? I guess then we have got you one of the best Acupressure foot pain relief mats, a versatile mat that will rejuvenate your feet muscles. It intends to relieve people from extreme foot pain, heel pain, and arch pain caused due to Plantar fasciitis. Some amazing features of this foot massager mat are:
- Developed using the ancient Chinese medicine of acupressure, this best foot massager mat helps in targeting the specific pressure points on the feet in order to stimulate blood flow throughout the body.
- This foot massager mat is provided with rounded and countered spikes, raised in the middle to encounter relief from extreme arch pain.
- You can easily and conveniently use this best foot massager mat while sitting while standing, or while performing any other activity. Highly lightweight and portable, therefore you can take it along with you and shove it under your desk. Then simply place your feet while working in a still sitting position for long periods of time.
- This Kanjo Acupressure therapy is bound to save you from the hundreds and thousands of runs to the massage therapists and also will help you keep your pockets full. Simply relax your tired and sore feet at your home and at your convenience while watching TV, or doing the dishes.
Dimensions: 10.63 x 1.18 x 13.39 inches
Weight: 13.76 ounces
Acupressure Mat Foot Therapy – Large:
Alright, here comes the acupressure foot mat whose usage for 5-10 minutes daily can reduce the pain and stress from the feet and helps in keeping you refreshed for the entire day. Renew your feet with this uniquely designed foot massager mat to treat your worn-out feet. Some special features of this best foot massager mat are:
- Designed using the H8 reflexology technique, this foot massager mat tends to revitalize your feet muscles and relieve them from pain.
- Highly lightweight and portable. In fact, it is made up of high-quality PVC and magnetic material. You can literally carry this best foot massager mat anywhere and everywhere you go.
- Standing on the mat for even a few minutes can rejuvenate your tired and sore muscles along with promoting better sleep and health. This reflexology foot massager mat tends to increase your metabolism along with reducing fatigue through promoting immense blood flow throughout the body.
- You can achieve a deep-kneading tissue massage in the most natural way through this astonishing Acupressure Foot Therapy Mat.
- Carry this best foot massager mat from your home to office to gym in order to revitalize your feet and reduce the pain and stress caused due to the daily strenuous physical activities. 5-10 minutes of massage on this massager mat every morning and trust us, you are good to go for the entire day.
Dimensions: 14.69 x 10.91 x 0.79 inches
Weight: 1.25 pounds
Although, every best foot massager mat may have the same appearance, with those raised spikes and protrusions, each happens to be quite efficient and durable in its functioning. You can simply use a unique foot massager mat while standing, sitting, or lying down. All you have to do is simply stand on the acupressure mat and let the spikes do all the work. The protrusions tend to apply pressure on the various acupressure points throughout the body and help in reducing the pain and stress from the various parts. Maybe a little intense method of pain relief, but surely works out for the best. You can simply relax and re-energize your muscles by targeting the acupressure points to get rid of any injury or chronic pain. Acupressure is one of the best options when it comes to providing daily relief.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
If you have recently suffered from an injury or are in intense pain and the doctor suggests you for acupressure therapy, then it is time you need an acupressure mat. You can simply relieve your pain and stress at your own convenience with the help of an acupressure mat.
The first thing to look out for in an Acupressure mat is Intensity. The intensity in the sense, how powerful the spikes and protrusions are, and how intense therapy they provide with. Other than that, you can also look out for the material of the foot massager mat. Bamboo or Cotton fibers work quite well and are durable.
Acupressure mats definitely have tremendous health benefits and aiding weight loss can be considered to be one of them. However, there are very few studies and research to prove the same, but with the currently available literature, we can say that acupressure does affect weight loss.