As the title emphasizes, you already know why you are here and what you are looking for. Taking care of your feet is as easy as taking care of the rest of your body. With an effective foot massager, you can get a professional foot massage which gives a salon-like experience. Not only can foot massagers improve the texture of your feet but can also promote good health. Foot massagers are an answer and cure to all your feet related problems. You will get to know which is the best foot massagers once you go through this article “how to choose the best foot massager?”
Various Health Benefits of a Foot Massager
There are quite a few beneficial health factors provided by a foot massager. But an in-depth discussion of how to choose the best foot massager is altogether different. A foot massager not only relieves the stress and strain of the feet But the body too. It can also give you various health benefits which might be useful in the long run. Some major health benefits provided by a foot massager are:
- It improves the blood circulation of the body.
- A foot massager also helps in maintaining a balance of the feet.
- It works for strengthening and toning your feet muscles and joints. It helps in relieving tension and strain from the muscles.
- A foot massager also helps in removing knots from the muscles and rescues the pain.
- Improves your sleeping pattern and habits by relaxing the pain. Allowing you to sleep freely and comfortably.
- Reduces soreness and swelling of the foot muscles and joints.
These foot massagers are available in different sizes and shapes. Once you buy a professional foot massager, you do not have to think about spending your hard-earned money on making trips to the salon for a foot/leg massage every week/month. Just invest in a foot or a leg massager and use it for as long as possible.
But wait, do you guys actually know the origin and history of these amazing tools? The ones which provide relief to all our pain in seconds. Well, this must be such an interesting aspect to know, right? So, let’s take a look at the impressive history of these wonderful devices before we answer the question “How to choose the best foot massager”
How to Choose the Best Foot Massager for You?
There are many features and aspects of a foot massager that can be quite impressive and feature and added value in the marketing of the product. However, some basic factors need to be considered before you choose the best foot massager. Here are a few factors you guys should need to take into consideration before opting for the best electric massager.
Purpose of the Foot Massager
You need to carefully research and understand the main purpose of the electric foot massager you want to buy. After this, you need to understand your one purpose of buying a foot massager. Is it just for relaxing your stressed-out feet? Or do you want to cure and treat any prevailing foot-related diseases and ailments? Some foot massagers improve the blood circulation levels and relieving extreme pain from the muscle and body tissues. In case you are an active person, then choose a highly professional foot massager which has relaxing as well as some therapeutic effects. Else, for a sedentary lifestyle person, you can simply opt for a more comfortable and relaxing electric foot massager.
Features of the Product
There are several features in a foot massager that need to be kept in mind before buying the best foot massager. First, look at the type of massage it offers. Whether it’s Shiatsu or vibrating, or deep-kneading, or simply air compression therapy. Choose the aptest therapy which suits you the best. Apart from this, you can go for the varying intensity levels a foot massage provides, along with the type of movement it offers, and the particular areas targeted by the foot massager. These settings can help you customize your own massage sessions. Hence, choose the best foot massager that suits your desires. The intensities and pressure applied are directly proportional to the amount of stress or pain your feet have. Hence, make sure to study the various features of the electric foot massagers, and order the one which suits you the best.
If you are seeking the best foot massager, you need to buy a portability foot massager which we can carry wherever we want. You do not want to stuff the huge massage chair in one corner of the living room or simply dump it into a storeroom after you get bored with using it several times. Or, if it is a very large product, then there are high chances of getting it dumped for years in your garage. Hence, you need to look out for the size as well as the ability of the electric foot massager to move from one place to another.
A highly portable massager can fit in anywhere, and you can drive it to your office as well to relieve the foot pain caused due to long sitting hours at a single desk. Plus, keep in the mind the weight of the foot massager. You must opt for a lightweight portable foot massager which can be carried by anyone and moved from one place to another without applying much effort.
The last, but the most crucial factor is the price of the foot massager. Any foot massager you opt for should fit in your range, plus have all the required features you might have opted for. You have foot massagers with decent functioning and features which have a price range of under $50 to $100 as well. On the contrary, you have got some expensive foot massagers as well, with a few advanced features which cost around $500-$1000. Yet, there is a factor you need to consider expensive foot massagers, i.e., few of them cannot guarantee as relaxing and comfortable massage as those offered by those less expensive ones.
Alright, these were a few important factors you need to be aware of while choosing the best foot massager. You need to keep in mind two important things, your purpose of the foot massager and your budget to opt for the most convenient and comfortable foot massager.
There are a wide variety of soothing foot massages available all around the world. They give you a relaxed and calm feeling. Several electric and manual foot massages work to relieve the pain and stress in your feet to improve your blood circulation and promote better sleep patterns. Here are a few different foot massage styles from all over the world which reduce and relieve your pain and stress from the feet. Let us get into a few massage therapies, hopefully, this will help you with your question of how to choose the best foot massager.
Different Types of Foot Massage Therapies in the World
Swedish Foot Massage
- A Swedish foot massage is the most common types of foot massage in the USA, well-known for the relaxing effect it gives.
- This foot massage technique uses gentle strokes on the target points of the leg and the feet
- Long strokes, circular motions and kneading massage motion are applied to all the corners of the feet
- If you haven’t had the chance to encounter any foot massage from a professional, then go for this massage as it is beginner-friendly.
- For chronic illnesses like Sciatica or Osteoarthritis, the Swedish massage can be of great help.
Deep Tissue Foot Massage
- As the title gives away, this is a deep penetrating tissue massage that revokes your muscles
- A dep tissue massage can remove the soreness from the feet and can also treat chronic illnesses
- This massage technique uses slow and deep movements to reach all the major points in the feet. Initially, this massage can be a bit painful to the client but its worth it in the end.
- After taking this massage, your feet might feel a bit stiff due to the pain but eventually the joints and the muscles expands and the pain is subdued
- Although this deep penetrating massage is very fruitful to those who have muscle pain issues, you should avoid this massage if you have sensitive skin which cannot endure much pressure.
Hot Stone Foot Massage
- A hot-stone foot massage uses heated volcanic stones which have a smooth structure to reduce the stiffness in the feet
- These heated stones are placed in between the toes, the heels, arch and the soles which gives an intense heat therapy
- For the heat to penetrate deeper into the muscles of the feet, the therapist pushed down these stones deeper to relinquish the soreness and loosen up the jammed joints
- Oftentimes, cold stone therapy is also used after the hot stone therapy to calm down the muscles and the agitated blood vessels
Shiatsu Foot Massage
- A Shiatsu massage is a well-known Japanese massage style which popularized during the 1970s.
- Shiatsu refers to the act of applying pressure by using the fingers. In a shiatsu massage, the therapist applies pressure to the acupressure points using the thumbs, fingers, palms, etc., to release the stress from the body.
- When enough pressure is applied to the body, all the strain and tension is released, which also stretches the limbs. Not only does it improve the mobility but also tones the body.
- Your body can have a graceful fluidity as the movement of the body parts is improved.
Aromatherapy Foot Massage
- An aromatherapy massage is more like a spa treatment rather than an active foot massage therapy.
- Just like a foot massage therapy, aromatherapy has the same intention of alleviating the burden to lighten up the mind
- In this kind of massage therapy, the therapist makes the use of aromatic essential oils which are preferred by the client.
- Once these scented oils penetrate the skin through a beneficial massage, the brains releases dopamine which cause the body to become more relaxed and you wake up feeling happy after the massage.
- With this therapy, the idea is to release feel-good hormones which will keep you cheerful for the rest of the day
- Lavender, Tea Tree, Chamomile, Lemon are few effective essential oils which are used in this therapy
Now that you have some of the best massage therapies from all over the world, what do you think of them? Have you tried any of these massages? If yes, then what’s your take on the technique used and also the experience you had.
A Walk Through the History of Massage and Massagers
Wait, if you guys are thinking that these tools and machines are modern-day equipment and foot massages, or simply massages didn’t exist previously. Well, you are completely wrong about this. Massage therapy has been an integral part of our tradition and culture. And, this holistic system of healing began about 5,000 years ago. (*Holy C**p*).
3000 BC – India
To start with, let’s not forget the land of festivals, India, where this massage therapy actually originated in 3000 BCE. Initially considered as a natural healing process, this massage therapy was used in the form of Ayurveda to relieve pain, heal injuries, and cure various illnesses for hundreds of generations. Ayurveda practitioners believed that mental health and physical health are in sync with the environment. And, good massage therapy is basically a technique to restore the balance of the body and the environment. So that the body can follow its natural healing processes.
2700 BC – China & South-east Asia
With the evolution of culture, these healing and massage methods traveled to China and other parts of Southeast Asia. In China, massage methods and techniques advanced a little. It was created from a combination of skills and practices used in Chinese Medicine, Spiritual Yoga, and Martial Arts practices. Even the Chinese massage therapy and healing practices were similar to the ones based on Indian healing. They propagated the belief that diseases were based and caused due to environmental imbalances in various energy pathways.
2500 BC – Egypt
Slowly, massage therapy and massage techniques started sliding towards the West. Eventually landing in Egypt, where evidence of massage therapy has been found in the form of tomb paintings. In fact, the Egyptians did invent and create their own bodywork techniques. And it is a well-known fact that the Reflexology technique was first invented in Egypt only. In this technique, the pressure was applied to the various target points. They were known to heal various illnesses and injuries. During 1000 BCE, the Chinese monks introduced the concept of massage therapy in Japan, where it was called “anma” which later developed and came to be known as the Shiatsu massage technique.
Later, this massage therapy slowly started spreading all around the world. Somewhere, in Greece, the athletes started to massage their feet and limbs before and after performing strenuous physical activities, while in Rome, people started to use this technique to increase blood circulation throughout the body. Whereas, in Sweden, a new style of Swedish massage was introduced wherein professional massage therapists massaged their clients using bare hands and applying some stroking, pressing, or squeezing techniques. In the late 19th and 20th centuries, all around the world, masseurs and masseuses became quite common, and it emerged as a profession and massage therapy became a legitimate part of the world of cure and medicine. Now to the main topic, how to choose the best foot massager.
You must opt for the most comfortable foot massager that suits all your needs. You also need to keep in mind the budget and features of the foot massager. That is if you want an extremely relaxing and soothing massage. How to choose the best foot massager is also a tough task. Especially when you have hundreds of different options available and each portraying some advanced and unique features. However, you need to keep your priorities clear in mind. Opt for the foot massager that will do the required work and give you a relaxed and calm sensation. We hope this article “how to choose the best foot massager” gave you sufficient information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Foot massagers do help in providing some pain relief and comfort to the patients suffering from this neuropathy disorder.
A foot massage should generally be performed for about 30 mins to one hour.
The rhythmic contractions made due to vibrations help in the surplus flow of blood throughout the body.