How often have you pondered over human behavior and mentality? Sometimes, we are just so particular and very careful even about the tiniest little details in our lives. But, on other occasions, let’s say when you are not in a good mood, then you just lock up yourselves in your tiny shell, ignoring the things happening around you. Well, it’s a similar case when it comes to our human bodies. We are so serious when it comes to our health and hygiene, aren’t we? So lets find out How to Use Foot Massager.
In this article, we have listed the foot massagers needed for stress relief. But, the understanding of how to use foot massager is a big question for you, and we will answer it for you.
- 1 How to Use Foot Massager and Why?
- 1.1 Do’s and Don’ts of a Foot Massager or Foot Massage
- 1.1.1 What You Need to Do…
- 1.1.2 What You Shouldn’t…
- 1.2 What Are Pressure Points?
- 1.3 Some Important Pressure Points Affecting Specific Body Areas
- 1.4 How to Use Foot Massager that Works Through Electricity?
- 1.5 Side Effects of an Electric Foot Massager
- 1.6 Some Common Benefits of an Electric Massager
- 1.1 Do’s and Don’ts of a Foot Massager or Foot Massage
- 2 Importance of Proper Feet Care
How to Use Foot Massager and Why?
From the essential vital internal organs like the heart and kidneys to even the tiniest superficial hair on the skin, we are also just so careful and precise of how we can take care of our bodies. But, what happens to us when it comes to paying a little attention towards the gentle and tender feet. All of us tend to ignore one of these most important organs of the human body.
Our feet comprise 25% of the body’s bones, 6-18% joints, tendons, and ligaments. They bear all our body weight and the stress from all the various physical activities like walking, jogging, or just cleaning the house. Hence, taking proper care and nurturing them should be on our priority list. If we tend to ignore the proper care of our feet, then it might significantly impact our body’s health leading to some severe problems. You need to focus on how to use foot massager to avoid such problems.
Why don’t you buy a foot massager? I recommend that you strive to possess the knowledge of how to use foot massager before you purchase one of them.
Do’s and Don’ts of a Foot Massager or Foot Massage
Massage therapies are meant for relaxation and soothing the feet from the excess pain and stress that falls upon these tender body parts daily. Apart from this basic relaxation and massage therapy, there is more to these treatments which will bring out the best effects after therapy and prove to be even more effective. Here’s a shortlist of Do’s and Don’ts which help to make these massage therapy sessions even more soothing and calming.
What You Need to Do…
You need to regularly trim your toenails. Wash and clean your feet regularly especially between the toes. This is because clean feet can quickly absorb the various medical oils and scents used during massage therapy.
Be Open About Various Medical Conditions
Massage therapy affects all the different functional systems of the body like the circulatory, respiratory, and nervous systems. Hence, you should be quite open about your various medical conditions, along with any injuries, or open wounds and bruises for the massage therapist to give you an effective and long-lasting massage experience.
Do Not Eat Anything 60 Minutes Before a Foot Massage
After you have a normal-sized meal, the food usually gets collected in the small intestine to absorb minerals from the digested food. And this activity is done through the normal blood flow in our body. During or after a massage, we all know that the blood flow will be at its peak throughout the body. Hence, you do not want to push away the digested food from the small intestine or the core of the body, and disrupt your digestion, isn’t it? Therefore, you should not have a normal-sized healthy meal at least an hour before the massage therapy.
Drink Lots of Water
Intense massage therapy can dehydrate your muscle tissues and body, making you feel dizzy. Hence, you must drink lots of water to excrete the metabolic waste and toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps in reducing the soreness after an intense massage therapy session.
Take a Warm Shower After Your Massage Therapy
Didn’t you want to leave after the amazing one-hour relaxing session of a full-body massage? When that’s the magic and smoothness a massage therapy provides. Anyway, to extend this enjoyment a little, or utilize the maximum benefits of massage therapy, you can go for a long warm shower which intensely relaxes the body muscles even more after a massage. A shower also helps in improving blood circulation and removing all the extra toxins from the body.
Use Candles, Scents/lotions During Massage
An Aromatherapy massage helps you ease your muscles and calm your mind completely. With the soothing scents engulfing your nasal tract, you are bound to feel super calm and super relaxed during and after an amazing massage therapy session.
What You Shouldn’t…
You should avoid exercising immediately after the intense massage therapy. Intense and strenuous exercising may harm the soft tissues or sore muscles of the body after a massage. You can opt for simple stretching and yoga, but avoid doing strenuous activities like cardio or weightlifting.
Extending and Overdoing Your Schedule
Although massages make you feel relaxed and calm with a soothing sensation, still you shouldn’t make a massage appointment if you have lots of other work on your plate. Massage therapy relaxes the muscle tissues and lowers your heart rate along with increasing the need for endorphins hormones. These hormones are responsible for the happy and relaxed feeling. Stressing yourself to carry out multiple tasks in a single day is quite exaggerating, isn’t it?
Drinking alcohol deprives you of taking the full benefits of an intense massage therapy session. It can reduce the amount of detoxification from the body after complete massage therapy. Also, drinking alcohol will make you feel even more dehydrated after an intense massage therapy session.
There you go. These were some of the do’s and don’ts to be kept in mind when you go for a massage therapy session. You need to simply keep your mind clutter-free so that you can completely enjoy the various intense benefits of a massage therapy session.
What Are Pressure Points?
Pressure points are specific target points that are related to the various internal organs and glands of the body. By pressing these pressure points, one can relieve themselves from various pains and illnesses. Though the scientific processes of how this happens are not very clear, one says that these different nerves are also connected to the central nervous system which stimulates the response to the touch and pressure applied to these nerve-endings on the feet. When you apply pressure on these pressure points, they help in the improvement of the organ systems in the body.
These pressure points present on the feet are interlinked to the specific functions of the different areas of the body. For example, applying pressure on the tips of your toes will directly affect the brain and your sinuses. On the other hand, the top middle portion of the feet affects your lungs and the middle portion is known to affect your digestive system.
Some Important Pressure Points Affecting Specific Body Areas
- Yong Quan – This pressure point present underneath your big toe helps in calming down anxiety and helps in improving your sleep as well as your memory.
- Tai Xi – This pressure point present near your Achilles tendon, helps in relaxing the sore throat and gives an amazing relief from toothaches.
- Xing Jian – Here comes a pressure point between your first two toes on the frontal side of the foot. This pressure point is responsible for improving your vision and helps in reducing kidney problems.
These pressure points may help you learn how to use foot massager.
How to Use Foot Massager that Works Through Electricity?
The process of understanding How to use foot massager varies from one foot massager to another. Different types of foot massagers can be used in several ways to give relief to your feet. In this section, we will be finding out about how to use foot massager that all your hard-earned cash went into.
An electric foot massager does not require you to roll your feet manually on it. Instead, these electric foot massagers work entirely by themselves. You have got both oscillatory and rotational motions that work from the top to the bottom of your feet. The feet muscles contract and relax rhythmically to improve the blood circulation of the body. Most of these electric foot massagers are designed in such a way that they can fit both your feet simultaneously and offer a great massage.
Sometimes, some of these electric massagers are also designed to fit in the calves along with the feet to relax the entire legs. These electric massagers are available in almost all foot sizes. You need to lean back on the couch and insert your feet and legs in the space provided. The massager automatically does all the work without allowing you to even bend down a little. Apart from this, every foot massager you buy has an instruction manual which should be referred to thoroughly before using an electric foot massager.
Side Effects of an Electric Foot Massager
- A vigorous electric foot massage can make the feet sensitive and tender. This usually happens to people who belong to an older age group. To reduce sensitivity, the feet can be placed in a tub of hot/warm water.
- The primary function of a foot massage or any massage in particular is to remove toxins from the body. These toxins are removed from the body through flu. So, if you feel any flu-like symptoms, just remember that it is a part of the process and your body will go back to normal soon.
- Exhaustion, frequent urination and bowel movements are also some common side effects. A minor headache is also a common symptom. These side effects can last up to 2-3 days at max. Just remember to take proper rest.
- For those who have a sensitive and tender skin, they can encounter mild rashes on the feet alongside excessive sweating.
- An electric foot massager is tightly sealed with batteries, there are still chances of you receiving an electric shock during a massage. This happens mostly if your feet are wet or if there happens to be faulty wiring in the foot massager.
Some Common Benefits of an Electric Massager
- You can save a few thousand bucks and the need to run to a therapist or salon, every time your feet feel tired. If you own an electric foot massager, the major benefit of it is that it is a thousand times cheaper than your hundred runs to the salon. Apart from this, being a worthy investment, you can simply massage your feet at your convenience.
- An electric foot massager provides you with complete relaxation, without even allowing you to move or bend down a little, to operate the massager.
- It helps in promoting better sleeping habits in an individual. It helps you to unwind the nerves. Which in turn induces a relaxed and calm sleeping pattern.
- Most of the electric foot massagers are quite easy to use and operate. Being completely automatic, these electric foot massagers do not need the use of any big scientific theory in terms of operation. You need to just handle the remote settings, by setting the control panel according to your level of tolerance of a massage. Now you are good to go.
- Electric foot massagers help in relieving stress. They also work on reducing depression and anxiety levels by improving the flow of blood throughout the body.
These are the common benefits that can make people normal those who are under stress and anxiety.
Importance of Proper Feet Care
You need to remember that if your feet fall behind, then even you do. Therefore, maintaining proper foot care and hygiene is of utmost importance. If you tend to neglect your feet then it may significantly impact the well-being and quality of your life. Your feet may be prone to several aches and diseases if ignored. Poor foot health might also impede your performance levels and decrease your endurance capacity. You will be at higher risk of encountering fatal diseases like heart disease, diabetes, or loss of muscle mass. Poor feet conditions might also have a great negative impact on your physical activities. If conditions get worsened, then there might be chances of undergoing foot surgeries also. Hence, good and healthy feet should be of utmost priority in any human’s life.
Tips to Maintain Healthy Feet
- You should wear good shoes. The shoes you wear shouldn’t be too tight or shared.
- Moisturize your feet regularly to prevent cracked heels and toes.
- You need to wash your feet daily and efficiently clean the area in between your toes.
- Give yourself a foot massage regularly to keep the feet healthy
- You should trim your toenails regularly with a trimmer which can give you the natural curved shape of your toenails.
- Do not walk barefoot in public places as your feet might get dirty and infected with various bacteria or viruses.
- Exercise your feet regularly. Go for a walk. It is important to keep the muscles of the feet active to strengthen the feet and increase flexibility. It also reduces the risk of any injury.
The above tips will surely help you maintain healthy feet. Before this, we have to focus on how to use foot massager.
A foot massager is the best way to ease and relax the different muscles and joints present in the feet. You can use an electric foot massager during any time in the day, but still, the best time in the morning time, which can be considered as the best time to sit back and relax your feet for the day. A regular foot massage also provides you with long-term health benefits. It also helps in improving your physical as well as mental health conditions. You need to understand the features and factors before purchasing any foot massager. Additionally, look for the best foot massager that fits your budget and will prove to be highly useful in the future. Now, we believe you know how to use foot massager wisely.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
A foot massager can be used 3-4 times per week. Each time the massager should be used for a 30-minute time interval. You can also raise the number of times of usage of a foot massager according to your tolerance levels.
Foot massagers do help in addressing the sore and painful joints along with promoting relaxation of the other tendons and connective tissues which improve the overall joint health. Hence, these foot massagers can also provide certain relief from the pain caused due to arthritis conditions.
You should avoid using an electric foot massager when you have cuts or bruises on the feet. If you suffer from any open wounds or severe blood loss, it is better to avoid the usage of an electric foot massager. Also, people suffering from diabetes and neuropathy, or pregnant women should consult the doctor before the use of these machines.